Pimples are embarrassing as they wipe of the beauty of your looks. Pimples the removal of these big bumps is all the more frustrating. They only leave you in pain and devastation. But the worst of all is the fact that you don’t really know what causes pimples. Why only you are having pimples? Well, the answer to these questions is very easy and once you get to know the causes to your nightmare, you can effectively work out on the best acne treatment to get rid of them.
Giving an insight into what causes them, here are some reasons that can be attributed to development of acne and pimples; be it body pimples, pimples on head, pimples on buttocks, face pimples or any other kind of pimples:
- The first and the most important cause of pimples is the change in the hormone levels, especially androgen levels, at the advent of puberty. Androgens are the hormones released at the time of puberty and fades of after some years. These lead to enlargement and over stimulation of sebaceous glands. They produce extra sebum, which mixes with dead skin and bacteria causing pimples and acnes.
- When you touch your face too often with dirty or oily hands, you irritate your face. It is the most common cause of pimples. Scratching your pimples also cause them to spread further in the neighboring areas. So, do take care that you don’t scratch your pimples even if they hurt. This will prevent their outbreak.
- The spread and development of acne is determined by heredity. If your parents had acne, then there are chances that you also have them at puberty. The genes passed on to you from your parents are also responsible for deciding this.
- The appearance of acne also depends on the food that you eat. You should avoid having too much saturated fats, sugar and vegetable oils. Avoid eating chips, chocolates, cookies, cakes, fried and other junk foods.
- Another cause of pimples is oily skin as oil closes the pores in the skin. Thus, you should try washing your face as much as you can, couple of times in a day. It would be much better if you use soaps rich in glycerin or sorbitol like neutrogena. They keep your skin free from oil. If your skin is dry, drink lots of water to prevent drying your skin.
- Last but not the least, stress also leads to acnes and pimples. During stressed situations, body releases cortisol hormone which aggravates the conditions in which acnes appear.