Cold wax for waxing | DIY Wax for hair removal at home
Today I will be sharing with you a DIY which will help you remove your unwanted hair at home.
Yes, girls sometimes we don’t like to go to the parlor to remove the unwanted hair. Waxing means the pain first comes into the mind. And at times it’s a compulsion to go to the parlor to remove the hair. It’s sometimes cumbersome.
Have you ever thought of waxing at home?
The day I learned this method, I thought from now onwards I’m not going to the parlor for waxing. As this waxing does not cost me a penny and is not so time-consuming too. and most importantly, I can do it by myself.
There are lots of waxes available in the market. In parlor mostly they use hot wax or Brazilian wax. Today I will be sharing with you, how to make cold wax. Cold wax is a type of wax which can be used without any heat. That means this wax is cold during application on our body.
DIY wax for hair removal at home
I am a person who doesn’t like going to the parlor and get my legs waxed. I really feel insecure about it. Sometimes I feel awkward to do so. So it’s better to make cold wax yourself. As this cold wax contains all the chemical free ingredients. And the wax is not hot on applying on the skin.
The reason for sharing with you all guys, it is really simple to make and is quite affordable. You don’t need anything from the market. Just the basic ingredients from your kitchen and you are ready to go. If you are not willing to make the DIY wax and want them. Then check on Amazon for cold wax.
There are so many cold waxes available in the market but they contain some preservatives and other chemical agents. If you want something handy free of all the chemicals then DIY is the best way.
This DIY wax for hair removal does not need many expensive ingredients. But the simple ingredients that are easily available in everyone’s kitchens. DIY wax for hair removal contains sugar, lemon juice, honey, and glycerin. As glycerin maintains the moistures on the skin. Lemon juice helps to heels all the infections and honey works as antioxidants and tightens the skin giving a clear surface.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1/4 the cup water
- 2-3 drops of glycerin
So let’s make the wax for hair removal
- Take all the ingredients in a saucepan
- Keep the saucepan to heat till all the ingredients mix well.
- Stir constantly, so that the sugar does not get burned.
- Make the sugar caramel. It will take around 10 -15 minutes.
- Now it’s done.
Allow it to cool down and transfer it in a glass container. After the caramel cools down, its ready for application. If the caramel becomes tough and you are not able to apply it. Then you can microwave it for 20 seconds and then use it.
How to use the Prepared Wax
Some important tips to be followed before waxing
- Always scrub the area before waxing. As scrubbing helps to remove all the dead skin and makes the skin soft.
- Secondly, don’t apply any moisturizer or body cream before waxing. The body cream or moisturizer makes a layer on the skin. So the wax does not catch the hair from the roots.
- Third and the most important tip is, always apply talcum powder before waxing. The talcum powder makes the skin dry and helps the wax to easily hold the hair.
- Hold the muscles tightly before pulling the cloth from the skin. It helps the hair to get removed easily in just one application.
How To Apply Wax
- Take a spoon, and take the required amount. Apply it on the skin moving downward in the direction of hair growth.
- Take a clean cotton cloth, press it on the wax.
- Time to get ready for the little pain. Yes, pull the cloth in the opposite direction of the hair growth in a quick motion.
- Repeat the process until all the unwanted hair is removed.
Note: Use a clean cotton cloth for removing the wax. A single strip of cloth can be used 2-3 times. The cotton cloth can be reused, wash them after use. You can even use the waxing strips that are available in the market.
After waxing the hair, apply any of your favorite moisturizers. As we have already used glycerin in the wax. The skin will feel soft and clean after waxing. Clean the part with a wet cloth to remove the extra sugar left on the skin. Wash your hands and leg in cold water to make the skin feel soothing.
If you are waxing your underarms and bikini line then prefer to go to the parlor. As you need to be a pro in doing it yourself.