Did you ever imagine that some easily- available and ultra- inexpensive remedies are available to you at a hand’s distance in your house to get rid of blackheads? Now, you don’t need to spend a fortune on over- the- counter treatment methods. All you have to do is to give a try to some of these easy and safe blackheads home remedies which can do miracles in removing blackheads from your face quickly and effectively.
1. The most commonly used home remedy to prevent development of blackheads is to use ground nut oil and lemon juice. Mix one teaspoon of both and apply this mixture on the face. Lemon juice is a natural cleansing agent.
2. Take ¼ cup of hot water and mix 1 tsp. of Epsom salt to it. Add 3 to 4 drops of iodine to this mixture, stir it well and keep it for some time to cool down. Apply this mixture with the help of cotton ball to blackheads and surrounding areas. When it dries, remove it using a clean cloth.
3. Applying a paste consisting of fresh fenugreek leaves (methi) on the face regularly for around 10 to 15 minutes and then washing with warm water effectively removes blackheads.
4. Application of a mixture of fresh lime juice and grounded drumstick leaves and pods on blackheads is one of the best methods for removing blackheads.
5. Facial steam also helps in getting rid of blackheads. Steaming opens the pores on the skin, thus, making way for removal of blackheads at the time of cleansing of face. If you experience difficulty in breathing or feel hot on the face, stop using the steam.
6. Wash your face regularly by using mixture of fresh lime juice and boiled milk. Milk performs the required cleansing operation.
7. Applying a paste of grounded radish seeds in water also helps in getting rid of blackheads.
8. Using a paste of sandalwood, especially the red sandalwood (Rakta Chandan) and turmeric with milk on blackheads can be a great help. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and prevents any kind of bacterial development along with the blackheads.
9. Green tea utilized as facial scrub is known to loosen blackhead skin.
10. Potatoes can also be used for cleansing purpose. A poultice of grated potatoes, when applied on the affected areas, greatly reduces appearance of blackheads.